Good morning my friends,
Monday again !
I hope it’s a happy one ! And if not, just know that that’s okay too.
It's important to remember that highs and the lows are a natural part of life, and they can help us to grow and develop as individuals.
Ultimately, it's through experiencing both the highs and lows of life that we learn to appreciate the good times and become resilient in the face of adversity.
So, the next section on our snapshot circle this week is FUN.
If you’ve been following along, great !
If you’re new here, Welcome !
Click the link at the bottom of this email to find our weekly Mindset Mastery Monday recordings from U105 radio where myself and Frank have discussed a topic from the snapshot circle over the last number of weeks – there you will also find the worksheet to download and print/use as needed.
As some of you may know, ‘fun’ had taken a back seat on the bus for me !
But, I am pleased to announce we are making progress !
Why having fun is crucial for our mental and emotional wellbeing:
- Releases endorphins: Engaging in enjoyable activities releases endorphins, which are natural feel-good chemicals in our brain. These endorphins help to reduce stress and anxiety, boost mood, and improve overall wellbeing.
- Stimulates the brain: Fun activities can also stimulate our brain, helping to keep it sharp and increase creativity.
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Taking part in activities that bring us joy can help to reduce stress and anxiety levels, allowing us to feel more relaxed and calm.
- Increases happiness: When we engage in fun activities, our brains release dopamine, a hormone associated with happiness and pleasure. This can help to boost our mood and overall sense of wellbeing.
- Improves relationships: Spending time with loved ones and participating in enjoyable activities can help to strengthen relationships and foster deeper connections.
Here are three steps to help you start incorporating more fun into your life:
STEP 1 - Identify your interests and passions: Take some time to think about the things you enjoy doing, whether it's playing a sport, reading, or cooking. Make a list of activities that bring you joy and make you feel happy.
STEP 2 - Schedule time: Just as you schedule appointments and work tasks, make sure to set aside time for fun activities. Whether it's a weekly game night with friends or a monthly outing to try a new restaurant, make a plan to do the things you love on a regular basis.
STEP 3 - Be open to trying new things: Sometimes, the key to having more fun is to step outside of your comfort zone and try new experiences. This can include taking a dance class, trying a new hobby, or visiting a new place. Being open to new experiences can help you to broaden your horizons and find new sources of joy and happiness.
Remember, incorporating fun into our daily routine is just as important as eating healthy and exercising regularly. So, let's make a commitment to ourselves to include more fun in our lives. Our minds and bodies will thank us for it!