If you have been following along on the emails for the last 8 weeks or so, we have completed our ‘Snapshot Circle’ series. If you have missed this you can also go to my website www.deirdremaguire.com/u105radio and listen back on the topics, there you can also download my free Snapshot Circle document to print and use.
So.. now we know where we are currently, we are ready for the next part of the journey – Creating our exciting future ! ✨
Where do you want to go next?
Who do you want to become?
Which area of your life needs your attention?
Frequently what’s getting in the way of achievement is the actual goal. If your goal is to “lose weight,” how will you know when that goal is complete? When you’ve lost one pound? Five? Forty?
Without a clear target, you’ll never hit your mark. That’s why it’s crucial to learn how to set goals that are clear, measurable and actionable.
Goal setting can look different depending on an individual’s lifestyle, core values and definition of success. Your goals are unique to you and don’t need to look like anyone else’s.
The classic goal-setting definition boils down to the process of identifying something you want to accomplish and establishing measurable objectives and timeframes to help you achieve it.
Setting progressive goals that allow small wins along the way helps you move on to larger achievements. These small goals lead to progress, which is the something we all need to feel truly fulfilled and happy ?
WHY IS GOAL SETTING IMPORTANT?
- Provides direction: Setting goals helps you focus your attention and efforts on what you want to achieve. It gives you a clear direction and helps you prioritize your activities, so you can work more efficiently and effectively towards your objectives.
- Increases motivation: Having clear goals can increase your motivation and drive to succeed. When you have a specific goal in mind, you are more likely to take action and work harder to achieve it.
- Measures progress: Goals provide a way to measure your progress and track your achievements. By regularly reviewing your progress, you can make adjustments and stay on track towards your objectives.
- Increases accountability: When you set goals, you make a commitment to yourself to achieve them. This increases your sense of accountability and encourages you to take responsibility for your actions.
- Boosts confidence: Achieving your goals can boost your confidence and self-esteem. It can also help you overcome obstacles and challenges along the way, which can further strengthen your belief in your ability to succeed.
Here are 3 steps to effective goal setting:
STEP 1 - DEFINE YOUR GOALS: The first step in goal setting is to clearly define what you want to achieve. This involves setting specific, measurable, and achievable goals that are relevant to your overall vision and purpose. Make sure your goals are realistic and challenging, but not so difficult that they become unattainable.
Write down your goals and be as specific as possible, including deadlines and key milestones.
STEP 2 - DEVELOP A PLAN: Once you have defined your goals, you need to develop a plan for achieving them. This involves breaking down your goals into smaller, more manageable tasks and setting priorities. Consider the resources you need to take the FIRST NEXT STEP, such as time, money, or skills, and create a timeline for completing each task. Identify potential obstacles and develop strategies for overcoming them. Be flexible and willing to adjust your plan as needed.
STEP 3 - TAKE ACTION: The final step in goal setting is to take action and implement your plan. Start by focusing on the most important tasks first and take consistent, incremental steps towards your goals. Stay motivated and committed, even when faced with challenges or setbacks. Review your progress regularly and make adjustments as needed to stay on track.
I hope this helps you today !